- 1 banana
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp.) vegetable oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) flaked almonds
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) maple syrup
- 125 mL (½ cup) Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt (0% m.f.)
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) almond extract
- 125 mL (½ cup) field berries
Nutritional value, per serving :
|Saturated fat||1.2 g|
Using a knife, cut banana in half lengthwise.
Brush newly cut surface of banana with a little vegetable oil.
In a cast-iron grill pan (or on the barbecue), grill banana for 2 to 3 minutes. Nice grill marks should be visible.
Meanwhile, brown flaked almonds in a non-stick pan. Add maple syrup when almonds begin to brown and leave to caramelize for another minute.
In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and almond extract. Let stand.
Place grilled banana on a plate.
Top with mixture of Greek yogurt, caramelized almonds and field berries.