- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed, drained and patted dry)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp each cumin and garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt + black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked (or regular) paprika
- 1/4 tsp each ground coriander + cinnamon
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain Oikos yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch each cayenne pepper + salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Drizzle of olive oil
- For Serving:
- Pita or flatbread
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Romaine lettuce (or any crunchy leafy green)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl toss rinsed and dried chickpeas with oil and spices and spread on baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until slightly crispy and golden brown.
While the chickpeas are roasting, prepare your sauce by adding 1/2 cup plain Oikos yogurt, 2 tablespoons of chopped dill, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 pinch each of cayenne pepper and salt and a drizzle of olive oil to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
To serve, warm pitas or flatbread in the microwave for 15 -30 seconds (or the still warm oven for 1 minute) and top with desired amount of chickpeas, sauce, and vegetables of choice.