- Mediterranean marinade
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- Greek yogurt sauce with dill and lemon
- ½ cup Oikos plain Greek yogurt (0% or 2%)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped or dried dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice and its zest
- 1 pinch of cayenne
For the marinade, combine all ingredients in a freezer bag and add chicken to coat well. Marinate, ideally overnight, or at least for 4 hours to allow all flavours to develop (you can then freeze the chicken if desired).
Barbecue for 20 minutes, turning thighs halfway through cooking.
For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning if desired. Serve with Mediterranean BBQ chicken.