- 4 pieces of salmon (5 ounces, no skin)
- 60 grams or 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- 20 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dill, chopped coarse
- 60 grams or 1/3 Oikos yogurt
- 2 lemon juice & zest
- 2 cups mini white potatoes, cooked & peeled
- 4 stalks of scallions, thinly slices in coins
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped in slivers
- 250 grams French beans, cleaned and blanched
- 35 ml white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 medium sized shallots, chopped fine
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp pomegranates
- 1/2 tsp mint, chopped coarse
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 lemon in 4 wedges to serve on the side for the salmon
In a small pot, place the potatoes in cold water and season with salt. Boil the potatoes at medium-hot heat until cooked. A trick to see if the potatoes are cooked: poke a potato with a fork. If the fork slides out with ease it’s ready to come out. Strain the water and set aside until cool. Peel the potatoes and slice in thick coins. In a mixing bowl, mix potatoes, scallions, Oikos yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, 8 tbsp olive oil, 4 garlic cloves and season with salt & pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the radish salad, in a mixing bowl, mix the following : pomegranates, shallots, 4 tsp olive oil, radishes, mint. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium pan, at medium-low heat sautee French beans with shallots, 4 garlic cloves, 8 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. This usually takes roughly about a minute. Set aside and add white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
In a medium non-stick pan, at medium-hot heat, add canola oil. Sear the salmon face side down until golden brown. Once your corners are starting to brown, it’s time to flip the salmon. Add cubes of butter and sprinkle with rosemary, sage and parsley. Set aside. 3 minutes on each side usually does the trick.
To plate: Place the French beans on the bottom and potatoes on the other side. Put salmon on top and garnish with radish salad. Serve with a lemon wedge.