- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 170 ml jar of artichokes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Oikos Extra Creamy 11% plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cup cheese of your choice, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then sauté the onions for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the honey, Worcestershire sauce and artichokes, then continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes so that the onions are well coloured.
Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and cheese in a blender for a few seconds to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
In a bowl, mix the yogurt and onion mixtures. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Pour into an oven dish, then set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To serve, preheat the oven to 375 °F and place the rack in the middle. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then serve with fresh bread, croutons, crackers and vegetables.